Reformer Foundations I Live Training Course 1040PTC
This 20-hour course includes an online written exam and a 14-hour practical workshop. The basic foundations of teaching on the Reformer apparatus are introduced as well as proper use and maintenance of the equipment. Participants will learn to use the moving carriage to teach proper movement patterns and progress or modify a client’s exercise program. After completing this course, the instructor will be able to create a basic group Reformer classes. This course includes a practical exam and an online written exam and is a required course in the curriculum progressing to full Pilates training through PHI Pilates.
- Student will be able to list benefits of Pilates based exercise and know its origin.
- Student will be able to operate the reformer safely and understand maintenance.
- Student will be able to describe the Powerhouse and teach neutral spine to a client.
- Student will be able to effectively teach 28 basic exercises.
- Student will be able to demonstrate modifications of exercises.
- Student will be able to list methods of client retention.
- Using the program and class format provided with the course, the student will be able to create and instruct an effective basic reformer class or private session.
Pre-requisites: Pilates Mat Level I
Required Textbook: PHI Pilates Reforming Human Movement Manual
CEU’s: BOC 14, PHI 16, PMA 14 & PA PT-20 Credits
Manual is required for this training.
Registration/payment must be received 15 days in advance of the course(s) you are purchasing. Registrations submitted after this time will result in a $25 late fee- per training. In the event that you register late, a PHI representative will contact you by phone to process your late fee. Cancellations and/or transfers must be made 15 days prior to training date and are subject to a $50 non-refundable fee. No transfers or refunds will be honored within 15 days of training date. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1 (877) 716-4879