Endurance athletes are a growing subpopulation in the US. Last year almost half a million people completed a marathon. Research studies show that between 50 and 90 percent of runners miss training time due to injury. Pilates, which emphasizes control of the core as well as strengthening of long weak muscles and lengthening of short strong muscles is well suited to be a part of an endurance athletes training regimen. In this streamed lecture, we will explore repertoire which keeps athletes functioning at their optimal potential.
- To provide the Pilates instructor with an overview of the physical demands of endurance athletes.
- To provide the Pilates instructor with an overview of common movement impairments seen in endurance athletes.
- To provide Pilates instructors with ideas to introduce endurance athletes to Pilates exercise.
- To provide Pilates instructors with a rationale about why specific Pilates exercises are beneficial for endurance athletes.
- To provide Pilates instructors with specific cues for Pilates exercises to work with endurance athletes towards the mastery of these exercises.
CEU's: BOC 3 and PMA 3
Online course enrollment expires 1 year from date of purchase. Upon 1st login you will have 30 days to complete the course.