This course which is presented by Karen Sanzo, MS, PT, PMA® CPT is designed to facilitate advanced thinking prior to advancing exercises. This course will provide you with a new awareness of the muscles that often lie dormant during many exercises. Discover the role of the hamstrings and gluteals during a bridge. What about that famous quadruped position? Learn how the hands can make a better connection to the shoulder. Research regarding motor control and spinal stabilization will be briefly reviewed.
- Define open/closed chain exercises.
- Experience how closing the chain can create different core connections.
- Understand the role of hamstrings and gluteus maximus during hip extension forces or active hip extension. Includes review of firing patterns.
- Discover ideal prop placement to enhance hip and shoulder opening.
- Review phases of motor control.
- Build an integrated wall exercise program from supine, quadruped, sitting and standing.
CEU's: BOC 3, PHI 3 and PMA 3
Online course enrollment expires 1 year from date of purchase. Upon 1st login you will have 30 days to complete the course.